woodworks

woodworks

Monday 11 June 2012

And its a LAUNCH!!!


Welcome to the TiPSI D Longboard Shop! So here my story...... I am just an ordinary guy who happens to like making longboards. I am a husband. A father of seven, that's right, seven kids. I am also a carpenter, a storyteller, a youth minister and devout Christian. Usually people expect me to stop there, but I also do about a dozen of other things which I will probably talk about later because people start to think I am crazy....as if having seven kids in not crazy enough.

I could go over some long winded explanations about why I started making longboards, but the short version is that as carpenter I love working with wood already. As a Christian, making longboards struck me as a cool way to spread the Gospel.

Each of my longboards are hand made, by me. I mainly use Baltic Birch for my decks because I like the look and feel. I know that there are a lot of guys out there making decks out of maple....and perhaps I will give it a shot sometime. To be honest I am not much of a rider right now, (I do snowboard) however I do know how to work with wood.

I just got a new shipment of material in which means that I will be making a fleet of boards over the next week or two. Be sure to keep checking for pictures and updates!

Happy Riding

TiPSI Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment